Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Quilter's Accountability Report - November 10

Where is this month disappearing to?????

I've been a bit busy this week because I spent two days in class with Harriet Hargrave.  As you may have already seen, my time in her class truly inspired me.  I still haven't come down off the high, lol.

I guess maybe I figured out what I'm passionate about...or should I say something else that I'm passionate about, lol.  I'm a pretty passionate person in general, so when I love something, I love it with everything within me!  (Sometimes I used to worry that I'd smother my kiddos, but I'm pretty good at giving them space, I think.  Do you ever really know how good you are at mothering???????)

Anyway!

Well, wait.  I just have to share this with you all!

Yesterday, I was in Bismarck with my oldest daughter and I was talking to her about how much I think about whether I'm a good mom.  And she said to me, "Mom, I want to be like you when I'm a mother."  Well, you can about imagine, I was feeling pretty good.  But then I thought, "I wonder if she can give me a specific example," so I said, "Well, what do you mean by that?  Can you think of something specific that you think makes me a good mom?"

"Yes," she answered right away. "You don't get us in trouble the first time.  If we're not supposed to do something, you tell us the first time and then the next time, we get in trouble for it."

WOW!  That did make me feel good because I really tried to make a conscious effort to do that as a mom and she noticed.  COOL!  Man, I love my kiddos!!!

OK, back to quilting.

Today is Quilter's Accountability Day, WooHoo!  And here's my list from last week.
  1. Finish one more Twister Quilt - didn't finish
  2. Send off seven tops to Alycia - not done
  3. Continue going through my stash - ongoing
  4. Continue working on my sewing area - ongoing
  5. Make a plan for Christmas presents - done
Even though I spent Saturday and Sunday in class with Harriet Hargrave (listen to me drop names, lol) I did actually get some of my list done.

Plus, I got TONS of other things done...like starting a new blog, practicing my FMQ (free motion quilting), making more practice squares, and learning how to treat my fabric so I an cut my piecework more accurately.

I also ordered a table for my Bernina.

So, what am I going to do this week?
  1. Practice FMQ every day
  2. Continue to work through Quilter's Academy...working on it at least 15-20 minutes a day
  3. Quilt my Christmas Tree Skirt
  4. Begin working on Christmas gifts...I asked the adult members of my family whether they wanted a fuzzy, warm pillowcase, or a cool mug mat and most of them answered back, so I need to get those started.  Have you seen those pillowcases made out of Minkee??????  I mean, how fun are those???????  Hmmmmm...I wonder if they make your hair all tangly by morning, lol.
  5. Get stuff in the mail...I have those quilt tops to mail to Alycia, Block Lotto blocks, and the prizes from my giveaway to send off, so I'll go to the post office today...WARNING, "I'm coming to see you today, Cheryl!"  (I LOVE my post mistress.  She's SO awesome!)
  6. Binding needs to be done on a table topper and one of the 1930s quilts.  (Don't you love how I worded that?  It "needs to be done."  As if some binding fairy will read this, sneak into my house one night, and finish it while I'm asleep!  Well, one can dream, can't one?)
OK, I'd better stop!  Make sure and visit Bari to see how she and our cohorts did this week...and join us if you like.  Accountability ROCKS!!!!! ;-)

Hope you have a quilty day!  (Boy, this is a linkful post!)  (And, there's LOTS of stuff in parentheses.)  (I guess I'm letting you into my head today!)  (Scary place, isn't it?)

4 comments:

Vivian said...

A Class with Harriet Hargrave -that had to be cool. Hers was the first machine quilting book I bought back in the day.

Good luck on your FMQ Master Quilter quest. I too would like to get better at FMQ I just haven't figured out what "better" means for me exactly yet. I'm hoping all the tops I've got to quilt by year-end will give me some clues!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience to take one of Harriet Hargrave's classes. She is wonderful! It also sounds as if she was very inspiring also!

Your daughter's comment was wonderful! Isn't it great when they see and "get" what you are trying to do consistently?

You have had a great and busy week with a lot accomplished! Can't wait to see what is in store for you in the future!

Great work!

Bari

Julianne said...

Wow I am getting excited just reading
your post. LOL

Alycia said...

Good for you!! I love the idea of a minkee pillowcase... I may have to copy you on that!

Glad you had fun in your quilting class.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest