Friday, November 19, 2010

November Block Lotto

I finished three blocks for Block Lotto.  I think that's all I'll get to this month, but I wanted to get a few done.

The block this month was Quilter's Choice and the middle part was to be purple and white 8" finished block.  Then we were to add strips and cut the block to 12" finished.

It was fun.

I used HH (Harriet Hargrave) techniques to do the middle blocks and they were very precises, lol.  Read all about it here if you'd like.

This is how they turned out.




I'm hoping to work on stockings today.

Olivia and Sophia have stockings that they made in sewing class, but I need to make one for the two little ones.

Also, I need to make a stocking for my A Dozen Quilters project.  I'm really looking forward to that.

Tomorrow, Olivia and I have a recital and I need to pick up more fabric for pillowcases.  I finished the pillowcases that I had fabric for.

Because I'm making them out of flannel, I'm not able to use from my stash.  I just haven't bought flannel, so I don't have it in my stash.

What are your plans for today?

Addendum:  I just realized that the middle was supposed to be set on point, lol.  I guess I'll have to take the strips off and redo them.  BUMMER!  :-)

OK...Here are the blocks the way they are supposed to be done, lol.



3 comments:

sophie said...

The blocks look very precise ... but, for the block lotto, we're putting them on point, sort of adding strips as setting triangles. You can add more strips and re-trim them and they'll be precise and PERFECT!

Judy said...

Very pretty blocks.

QuiltSue said...

I love your lotto blocks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest