Thursday, November 11, 2010

Focus, Tamera!

I'm doing that thing again...that thing where I have so many projects running around in my head that I can't focus on one.

The thing that works for me when I'm like this is to write them all down, assign them a number, and then pick a number and work on THAT project.

First of all, I have to do my Quilter's Academy FMQ (free motion quilting) practice.  That needs to be done every day (you can read about that here).

I also have to make a Block Lotto block.

This is a silly story, so I'll tell it on myself.

I entered Block Lotto last month and when I got ready to send off the four blocks that I did to the winner, I couldn't find the fourth one!  Silly me.  I've searched high and low, and I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I was DETERMINED to get things off in the mail yesterday, so I sent the winner three blocks with a note saying that I would send the fourth in a separate envelope, lol.  Silly me!  I'll need to get that block done, in an envelope, and address it.  Of course, there's no mail going out today, but it will go out tomorrow and it should arrive only a day or so later.

Man!  I need to get organized!!!!  ;-)

But, here's a list of all the projects that I have in the works that I want to be done before Christmas.
  1. Quilt the Christmas Tree Skirt I made last year (or maybe the year before, lol)
  2. Finish the Christmas Wall Hanging for Mom
  3. Work on Mug Mats
  4. Finish quilting the Guild Quilt
  5. Finish last Twister Quilt
  6. Bind 1930s quilt
  7. Finish "unquilting" the other 1930s quilt
I guess that should be enough...so here goes.  The random number generator says "5", so I'm working on finishing the last Twister Quilt today.  And that's good because I would LOVE to get that finished so I can send it off to Alycia.

By the way, Alycia is having a QOV (quilts of valor) quilt along, so if you are interested in sewing up a top for a good cause, you should check it out.

Have a quilty day!

Addendum:  Block Lotto block is done!  WooHoo!  I'm sure someday I'll find that Wonky Stars block and it will be an orphan block to put in a donation quilt, lol.

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Nope, sorry, that's just not as silly as my antics yesterday that I put on my blog.

As for the focus thing, I do try, it just doesn't always work out as it should! You should see the area round my machine today as I try to decide what to work on tomorrow during my Christmas Quiltalong!

Sara said...

You posted exactly what I was thinking about myself today. I have started too many projects and can't focus on any of them long enough to finish one.

It's sure good to know that it isn't just me! Good luck on your strategy for finishing. Maybe I should try it too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest