Thursday, November 25, 2010

Finished Block Two

I finished the second block in the Layer Cake Quilt Along.


This is from the Botany line by Lauren and Jessi Jung and it's WAY out of my comfort zone...BUT, one of my goals for this year was to make a quilt with fabric out of my comfort zone, so I'm fulfilling a goal.

Here are the first two blocks finished.


You should join!  You'd only have to finish two blocks to catch up and the new instructions are posted every two weeks, so it moves a little faster than one a month, but not SO fast as one a week, lol.

One more thing checked off my QA (quilter's accountability) list!  WooHoo!

6 comments:

QuiltSue said...

One of the great things about when I worked in a quilt shop was that I had to make samples with the latest fabrics, whether I liked them or not. That showed me that I could do a quilt in fabrics I would not have chosen for myself, and love the result!

Willow Lake Stitches said...

Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone ! That's a big commitment of $ fabric and time, so good for you. It is something I shoud do too.

Am enjoying your blog... I need to get wordy and take some pics and add to mine soon !

Fun to read that you make Frogs Eye salad too.... love it...

Beth in Jamestown

Unknown said...

beautiful blocks you have made.
and your blog is so nice and inspirational
Gina

crickets said...

I'm also doing the Layer Cake Quilt Along with Konda. LOVE your color placement for Block 1. I, too, am using fabrics way out of my comfort zone, but I really love them and hope to make it work. Fandango by Kate Spain for Moda - amazing colors, but lots of patterns! Your spinner star pops out so wonderfully - I envy your choices!

Kate said...

Great blocks for the quilt along. You've been braver than I have, I haven't been able to exactly follow the instructions for using all different fabrics in each block. Have you gone out to the Flicker site to look at what else has been posted? I've done a bit of that, quite a lot of variety.

I'm using a layer cake I bought for a project I did for my daughter's school, then didn't use. So it's out of my comfort zone, but I wanted to get it out of the stash.

Alycia said...

Those are really really cute. I love the color combination!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest