Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Few Finishes

Well, despite the virus, sick kids, and irregular sleep schedule, I've managed to finish a few things.

This first finish is for my beginning quilting class.

vertical
Horizontal

This is the wall hanging (although I think it could be used for a table topper as well). I'm not sure whether I like it better vertical or horizontal.

Here's a close up of the quilting.


This is my first attempt at "micro-stippling."  I'm thinking that the leaves need "veins" quilted in, but my daughter wanted me to leave them plain.  What do you guys think?  I still may do that before the class.

I also finished the binding on Free's Quilt in the middle of the night when Mimi kicked me out of my own bed, lol.


And here's the back.


I think the brown binding was a good choice.

This is a BIG lap quilt for a TALL guy, so LOTS of stash busted.  Woo Hoo!

I'm off to Bismarck today to resume violin lessons, so hope that you all have a quilty day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest