Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stash Report -- September 12

I had some fabric in this week, but it all most of it has a specific purpose.

First of all, I'm going to be doing some 9 patch blocks for an exchange.  We're doing Amish-type blocks, so the neutral is black and I didn't have a solid black, so I purchased 1/2 yard for that...but, I used it up and I'm going to count it now since it's an exchange.  Plus, I used another 1/2 yard from my stash...YEAH!

I also purchased eight FQ of fabric for my  beginner's quilting class that's coming up.  They're YUMMY!  We're making a table topper or wall hanging with fall leaves.


I also received one of my guilty pleasures this week.  My FQ pack from Fat Quarter Shop.  That's three lovely yards of Kansas Troubles FQs!



But, on the plus side...

I did finish a quilt.  That's six yards out of my stash.  Plus, I did the Niblets Exchange blocks and four blocks (only three are pictured there) for Block Lotto (which was another 1/4 yard).

Here are the Niblets Exchange blocks that I finished and the others are cut out.  I'm hoping to get them finished today.



Fabric In: 5.5 yards
Fabric Out: 7.25 yards
Total Fabric In: 7.5 yards
Total Fabric Out: 28.25 yards
Total Fabric Used: 20.75 yards

Make sure you visit Judy to find out how everyone else is doing at stashbusting.

AND before you go, I need an opinion.


(Don't mind those white spots, it's frosting thanks to little fingers.  It's come out when I wash it before I give it to my friend to give to her hubby, lol.)



I was going to bind this with the same fabric as the brown border, but I either ran out, or it's hiding, lol.

So, light brown, or dark brown?  I'm thinking dark, but I kind of like the light too.  Neither of the pieces is actually in the quilt.

13 comments:

Charlene S said...

I think the dark brown would stop the movement of the eye

Kate said...

I agree with Charlene, I'd go with dark brown. By the way, it's a lovely quilt. I really like the blue/brown color combination.

Jo said...

I just always have to be different. What about a blue scrappy binding? I love the pattern. Is it bricks and stones for quiltville?

Tamera said...

It is the Bricks and Stepping Stones from Quiltville, Jo. And, I kind of thought about a scrappy blue border. I'll have to rethink it...or even think about using one of the blues from the quilt as the border if I have a big piece left.

Kathie said...

I prefer dark brown also. Love all the new fabrics you got.

SpinningStar said...

I vote for the dark brown. But what's the backing color and will the binding look good with it?

pdudgeon said...

great minds think alike! i also like the dark brown for the binding, and i bought the same fat quarter bundle for the quilt i'm making now.

Vicky said...

Definitely the dark brown. Well, maybe .... they both look good!

Lori said...

I love the blue/brown combo. I like scappy bindings myself. The dark brown will be fine too.

kwiltnkats said...

Jo and I are both different minded. A blue scrappy binding is exactly what came to mind--even before I read any of the great comments you've received. Just love Bonnie Hunter patterns. She is so generous to share them on her Quiltville.com site.

Quiltsmiles said...

The dark brown appeals to my eye. Jane

Penny said...

You've got enough advise....I just want to say that I LOVE the fabric you bought for the beginners class. It is so luscious. And you used more that you brought in. Yea! Keep sewing.

Lori said...

It's all good! I never tire of seeing the bricks and stepping stones done in a "new" colorway. Fall leaves?? Do the tree have pretty leaves there? Most the time in SD they just die and fall off! Or maybe the first blizzard pulls them off. Ugh Let's not mention winter again, I want to go where it's WARM in the winter. (Yes, I know, I make a terrible advocate for South Dakota winters. Hmm, something good to say about winter--Oh yes--the freezing cold kills off most parasitic worms and lots of warm weather diseases in livestock.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest