Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh My Gosh!

I was visiting Michelle over at Life on Vine when I came across this YouTube video that blew my socks off!



I am SO excited and I cannot wait to try this.

I have been wanting to do several scrappy quilts with HST (half square triangles), but I just hadn't come up with a good way to do it.  I HATE having to draw the line and stitch on either side.

PLUS

I have TONS of charm packs and this would be such a cool way to use them up.

I can't wait to try this!

Addendum:  I couldn't sleep, so I tried it, and it works GREAT!  I think I'm going to use it in my beginners quilting class.  I think perhaps I'll do a tutorial on making the leaf block that we're going to be doing.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm all for quilting tricks, and when I saw it, I thought it was pretty neat too, but I haven't tried it. I have been making finished 4.5" hst's by cutting 9" squares, laying them face to face, drawing two diagonal lines, sewing 1/4" on either side of the lines, then cutting the blocks from 6:00 to 12:00, and 3:00 to 9:00, then cutting on the drawn lines. It gives you 8 hst's at once!

I did think this was an awesome way, and you get 8 instead of 4, but it does take a little more prep time. It's still faster than two hsq's at at time.

Thanks for mentioning me. Some sweet lady who doesn't have a blog emailed me thanking me, and I think she actually thought it was me in the video, but it is NOT me. I just found the video and posted it.

Have fun sewing!

Brittainy Barnes said...

This is awesome! Thanks for posting this, as a beginner I'll take all the tricks and hints I can get!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest