Monday, September 6, 2010

Guess What I Did Today

Did you all get some sewing done?

I had FUN!

I started this morning thinking that I was going to make the Java Jive quilt just the way the instructions said.


But then, I decided that I would like the blocks to be staggered.  I thought it would be more fun.

So, I started to pencil it out and then I thought of something that I had seen on Mary's pattern instruction site a long time ago...a quilt she had made with the blocks all tilty called Twisted 9 Patch.

I decided that these blocks would be much more fun if they were all twisted and tilty.

So, here's what I've done so far.


I just LOVE it!

Here's a close up of the blocks.  



Aren't they cute?

I have enough blocks to make more than one quilt, so I think I'm going to make one for me and one to give away.

What did you get done today?  Hope you had a quilty day.

4 comments:

Jolene said...

Even though and you know me I like symmetrical I do like the twisty one WAY better. :)

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

The offset one "sets off" the frames beautifully. I like it better too.

Judy D in WA said...

I love it! It's so happy and whimsical! How fun.

Cora Beth said...

I like it, like it, like it! Very cute, Tamera. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest