Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quilter's Accountability Report - September 1

I did get my six quilts basted as was my goal last week.  Woo Hoo!

I got the main part of the first one quilted.  I'm quilting with my walking foot, then I'm going to do some FMQ in the borders.  I haven't decided exactly what to do because the quilt is for a friend's husband and I want it to be very masculine and all the things that I "know" how to quilt are kind of girlie, lol.  (I'll post some pics a little later.  I can't find my camera right now, lol.)

I may set it on the back burner for now.

My goal for this week is to get two more quilts quilted.  Make sure and visit Bari and find out what everyone else is up to.

I've been following A Few Scraps as she's getting ready for a FMQ quilt along.

Also, Leah Day has been doing a great series on her blog about the different ways to quilt a quilt, so be sure and check that out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You´ve been accomplishing your goals! Congratulations! Can´t wait to see them!
Thanks for having visited and dropped a comment! Back to work, now!

Julianne said...

WOW meeting your goals...Great.Will we get to see any of these quilts soon?

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I would love to have gotten 6 quilts basted! Good job.

Masculine ideas......have you thought of "angular" meandering? Where you do angles instead of curves for meandering? I have also found spikey quilting designs, almost like fern leaves or porcupine spikes, look really good a on guy's quilt.

Let us know what you come up with!

Thanks for playing with us and I hope we are able to encourage you!

Bari

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest