Friday, September 3, 2010

Finished Quilting

I finished quilting the Rail/Split 9 Patch quilt. Woo Hoo!



I think it turned out okay.  Here's a close up of the quilting...Don't look too close, though, lol.


As I said, I think I will keep using this pattern until I get really good at it.  A few more quilts ought to do it, don't you think?

I'm going to try and get Free's quilt finished on my Bernina since there's only a little left.

I'm not sure what to do about the Janome.  Maybe I'll piece on it for a while and get the tension figured out then try FMQ on it later...OR, I'll take it in to be serviced/reset, lol.  I think little fingers were playing with the knobs at some point.

2 comments:

Roslyn said...

You are so brave to homeschool! But your children are getting huge bennies from it. I love Mim's quilt & the quilting swirls are coming along nicely.Keeping the spaces fairly even make s a big difference.
Do you make goat cheese, goat's milk ice cream?

Tamera said...

I guess I've never heard "brave" as it pertains to homeschooling, lol. It is a HUGE commitment...a lifestyle, but you are right, there are HUGE benefits.

I really loved the way that Mimi's quilt turned out as well.

Thanks for the advice on the quilting swirls. I'll keep that in mind when I do the next quilt.

Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest