Thursday, November 19, 2009

Playing, Playing, Playing for Grown Ups

My best friend got a Grace frame!

It's so funny because I only infected her with the quilt pox about a year or so ago. When I infect someone, I infect them GOOD!

So, I had to go to her house and play today and BOY WAS THAT FUN!

She had already put the frame together, so we made the leaders and put them on; loaded some scrap fabric and an old fluffy blanket for the batting; and started playing while the little kids were playing games of their own...You see, between the two of us, we have nine children age 13 to one (and we both homeschool, so they're all home all day, he he he).

I won't be able to go over for a play date again until next week because my daughter Olivia and I have our violin/piano recital on Saturday. My daughter is taking violin and piano lessons and I take violin lessons, too. Our teacher has a recital for her students twice a year, so it's kinda fun to stand up there and play for everyone. I always get lots of funny looks because I'm the only adult student that she can actually convince to play in the recital, lol. But, I figure I want other people to KNOW that you CAN teach and old dog new tricks!

Tomorrow, we need to make cookies and practice a little and make sure everything is ready so we're not running around tomorrow trying to get last minute things done and we can be CALM on the day of recital.

I am hoping to get a little quilting done tomorrow between making cookies and practice. I don't want to over practice, but I have a solo piece and Olivia and I are doing a duet, so I have two pieces to make SURE I have memorized.

Hope you're having a quilty day.

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog and found it interesting and amusing, thanks.

I will now look forward to seeing the results of your play days on your friend's frame.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest