Saturday, November 7, 2009

No Buy Challenge

I belong to a Yahoo!Group called Stashbusters. If you're not familiar with Yahoo!Groups, it's like an online discussion group. Stashbusters is a BIG group with LOTS of members who are trying to get that stash down to a manageable level! There is also a Stashbuster wesbsite if you're not into Yahoo!Groups.

I'm joining the No-Buy Challenge this year, which for some reason, begins November 1st, 2009 and lasts through October 31, 2010. During this period of time, I pledge to buy no fabric except for "B-word" purchases: Background fabrics, Binding fabrics, Border/Sashing fabrics, Batting, Backing fabric, and BOM program (if you are already enrolled).

So, I'm sending in 12 charms (which are 5" squares) and then I have to send in a charm for each yard of fabric that I buy throughout the year. They draw quarterly and at the end of the year for winners and at the end, they announce the NO-BUY QUEEN. Fun.

When there's an unpleasant task to do, it's more fun to do it with a friend, don't you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest