Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bismarck Tuesdays

Today was "Bismarck Day." That's what Tuesdays are called at our house.

You see, we live in the middle of nowhere...as does nearly half of the other 650,000 residents of North Dakota. We live in the south central part of the state, and the nearest "city" of any size is Bismarck...which is 60 miles away. So, going to Bismarck becomes an all day event. There's none of that "running to the store" to pick up something that you forgot.

On Tuesdays, my daughter Olivia and I have violin lessons and Olivia also has piano lessons. So, we also do all our errands on that day as well.

I didn't get much sewing done, but I did get the first border on Carolina Crossroads and I'm working on the second border which is going to be pieced from the left-over bits of the blocks from the quilt. I think it will be cute.

I'm hoping to get the borders on tomorrow and then begin looking for the backing. Not sure what I'm going to do about that, but I'm determined to do this quilt ENTIRELY from STASH! OH, SO EXCITED!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest