Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another Use for Machingers

Do you know about Machingers? They are a type of quilting glove. There are many kinds. You can even use those garden gloves from that have the little grippers on them. Anything that can help you grip and move the quilt along while you're FMQ (free motion quilting).

I recently bought Machingers and I really like them because they don't make my hands so hot while I have them on.

Well, I found another use for them! Of course, many of you out there probably already use your quilting gloves for this purpose, but it was new for me, lol.

Anyway...I don't know about you, but it seems like I have to wrestle my quilts to get the binding sewn on. So, while I was wrestling my Quilts for Kids quilt this morning (and it's only a small baby quilt!), I had the thought, "Why not use my quilting glove to move it along?" So, I tried it...and it worked!



As You can see, I also use my walking foot when putting on binding. Again, I'm sure that you all know that, but one of the purposes of this blog is to pass along the tips that I've learned to new quilters, so they don't have to "learn from the school of hard knocks."

Have a quilty day!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I wish I had a walking foot for my Bernina. I need to just purchase one and be done with it.

You are going to enjoy blogging.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest