Saturday, November 7, 2009

Finished

OK, time to post some pics! Woo Hoo!

A finish.



This is a doll quilt that I made for my friend's little baby who is turning one year old on Thanksgiving.

As you can see, it's a cheater panel. My daughter Olivia picked out the fabric and Sophia was going to sew it up, but I ended up doing it.

This is one of my first attempts at free motion quilting (FMQ). It's a pattern from Leah Day at Day Style Designs called Chained Lollipop. If you're learning to FMQ, you NEED to go to her blog. She is AMAZING!

I also finished quilting a charity quilt for Quilts for Kids. I still have the binding to put on. I sent a request here and they sent me the fabric which was already cut and ready for me to piece. However, I neglected to read the instructions concerning the binding. I was supposed to baste the quilt so that I could bring the backing around to the front and make the binding that way.



That's okay, lol. I get to use some of my stash for the binding now. I'm going to attach it to the back and then sew it to the front with a decorative stitch. I think it will be cute. I'll post pics of the binding when I'm done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest