Monday, February 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 2/7/11

This morning on my design wall is UFO #10, Shangri-La Disappearing 9 Patch.


This is such a fun pattern and as you may remember, Shangri-La is my all-time favorite fabric line.

My goal is to finish this quilt completely this month as it was in a mostly pieced state when I started.  I only added a row to the width.

I'm planning on putting a small brown border and then a larger blue or green floral border to finish it off.  Then this little beauty is going on the couch in the downstairs family room so I don't have to send my kiddos after my quilt on my bed every time I sit down to watch TV and I want a quilt to snuggle under!

I didn't realize how many stripes I used until it was all finished.   This was pieced before I had the benefit of a design wall, but I'm such a scrappy gal, I'm not sure I would have taken the time to put it on the design wall even if I'd had it.

I kind of like just putting a quilt together and seeing how it looks in the end...that's part of the mystery for it for me.  Isn't it funny how we're all different?

Make sure you visit Judy's blog so you can see what everyone else is up to! 

16 comments:

Bia, from Brazil said...

It´s coming out beautiful, Tamera, like everything you do.

Of course you must save such a beauty for family roon. Be sure to take hold of it.

Donita Q said...

I like all the stripes in it. It will be a beautiful quilt.

Karen (Misiz C) said...

What a great scrappy throw! Hope you'll share a photo when you get the borders on.

I love that line too....I still have some. It's assigned to a UFO that's low on the priority list...

Bonnie said...

Great quilt. And, yes, during the winter we usually have at least 2 quilts in the tv room. Although, winters here aren't so bad compared to ne PA where we used to live! Keep plugging away on your projects.

Kimberly said...

It's beautiful.

Kathie said...

I really like it. I normally don't buy stripes very often as I never know what to do with them, you have me rethinking that.

Jo said...

Disappearing Nine Patches are so fun...totally relaxing to sew. I was working on my #10 last night. I am almost finished so I think I am going to pull out a different UFO that is barely started and work on that so once that number is pulled, I will be a bit further along.

Barb in Mi said...

Yes, it looks beautiful! I love your fabrics and the pattern is great. Need ot try it one of these days...

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

If I had a $1.00 for every stripe (and polka dots) fabric in my stash, I would be rich -- this is a stunning use of the stripes. Thank you for this inspiration -- I hope you won't mind seeing this again on my site one day. Love it!

Kate said...

The stripes work really well in that pattern. It's fun to look at.

Chris said...

I Love all the stripes. Can't wait to see it all finished. You are going to love snuggling under it. Seriously it's -12 there??!! It's 59 here at 9 PM.

Joanne said...

I really like this quilt and can't wait to see if complete. The fabric is beautiful!

AnnieO said...

I love all the stripes--they add a lot of energy to the quilt. These are such pretty colors to work with. Glad you will be "selfish" and keep this one for YOU!

Cecilia said...

Tamera, that's a pretty quilt. I am going to do the same pattern at a retreat in a couple weeks. I think I will use my batik 5inch squares. been collecting them for a while and the pile is getting big!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really Like that quilt!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in this! D9P quilts are so easy and wonderful to make. I am planning one for a graduation gift right now - black and white and pink....with a black and white and pink bias stripe for the binding! Gotta love it!

Bari

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest