Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday Plans

Well, yesterday was Bismarck day! Olivia and I had our violin lessons and we did our errands.

They came yesterday to start framing the basement. I haven't really talked much about what's happening in our basement, but we're having it totally redone, so that's exciting. The MOST exciting part of this is that I get my own sewing area!

AND

I've decided on something new for my new sewing area. I'm going to buy a machine especially for FMQ (free motion quilting).

I think I've settled on a Janome 1600P-QC. It's a straight-stitch only professional machine that sews 1600 stitches per minute, and there's a wonderful little table that this machine fits in. Also, the throat is almost nine inches! Woo Hoo!

I'm really excited and I'm looking forward to being able to get better at FMQ with this machine. I really enjoy the process of manipulating the quilt and I don't really want a huge frame in my house (and neither does my husband).

Today, I'm going to try and get the backing done for my Carolina Crossroads quilt. I want to get that quilt basted so that I can start working on it the moment that I get my new machine!

Hope everyone has a quilty day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow i hope you get it!! I want a new machine too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest