Thursday, December 17, 2009

My New Baby and Flimsies

I was finally able to get out my new machine and set it up. I don't have the free motion foot yet. I cannot WAIT to get it and try it out.

Here she is: my new Janome 1600P.



The 1600 is a professional straight stitch only machine that can sew as many as 1600 stitches per minute. The big thing that I'm interested in is the throat space. ALMOST NINE INCHES (officially 8 7/8")...WOO HOO!



My Bernina only has about six inches of quilting space...and let me tell you, that's not much when you're doing a full sized quilt! (I haven't even tried a queen yet.)

It has a thread cutter.




Now, how does that thing work? I cut the threads, and then when I sew again, the machine just starts sewing without bringing up the bobbin thread. It's really strange!

I can wind the bobbin without unthreading the machine...I can even wind the bobbin WHILE I'm sewing. Also needle up/down feature.



So, I've had fun sewing on the new machine.

I finished two more quilt tops.

This larger one...



And one the same size as the one that I did in the tutorial.



I had a quilty day. I hope you did, too.

1 comment:

Millie said...

These quilts are so cute...perfect for any baby. Love the bright colors. Do you mind sharing where you got the pattern from? It is one of those patterns you just have to make. LOL
Have a great sewing day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest