Saturday, January 1, 2011

Year End Wrap Up

2010 was an interesting year for me.

I started school with my two youngest children.

I doubled my goat herd.

I've been married for 11 years now!

We did some major remodeling in our house.

My oldest daughter turned ten and now she's having her first pangs of "tweendom."

And, I've totally fallen in love with quilting.

I thought I liked quilting before, but now I realize that I LOVE it. I have so many plans for 2011, I'm almost bursting with them! So, I thought I would take a few minutes and review what I did this last year in quilting and some of the things that I plan to do in the upcoming year.

Here is my list of goals from 2010...
  1. 100 net yards out of my stash - came close...I busted over 85 yards
  2. Bust 300 yards of Stash - see above
  3. Make a black and white quilt - didn't accomplish - moved to 2011
  4. Quilt for Olivia - I designed a quilt for her, but we haven't started it
  5. Quilt for Sophia - Finished
  6. Quilt for Nancy - I think I will give her the Layer Cake Quilt Along quilt when it's finished
  7. Make Shakespeare in the Park quilt - didn't do this...it will be moved to 2011
  8. Make a quilt that is "out of my comfort zone" (Layer Cake Quilt Along)
  9. Make at least 36 Charity Quilts (24 finished) - this year, I'll modify my goal to 30 quilts
  10. Finish ALL UFOs - that one was kind of unrealistic, but when I counted up my UFOs for Judy's challenge, I found that I only have around 10 UFOs
  11. Only have fabric I LOVE - Accomplished for the most part
  12. Start a beginners quilt guild/club - Accomplished - first meeting is Jan 5th
  13. Teach a beginning quilters class - Accomplished
  14. Furnish my sewing room - Accomplished for the most part...still in the works
  15. Keep my sewing room organized - dismal failure, lol...keeping things organized is definitely something I struggle with
So, here are some of my goals for 2011...
  1. Experiment with miniature quilting
  2. Perfect my hand quilting utilizing The Thimble Lady's Method
  3. Black & White quilt
  4. Shakespeare in the Park quilt - I may make my SITP a B/W quilt and kill two birds with one stone, lol
  5. Judy's UFO challenge to finish my UFOs and FINISH what I START
  6. Judy's Monochromatic quilt challenge
  7. Thirty donation quilts
  8. Work on different types of quilts...paper piecing, embroidery, appliqué
  9. Develop a vibrant local group of quilters...continue teaching and helping others to learn about the joys of quilting
  10. Develop a network of women who are interested in working on donation quilts
This isn't an all inclusive list. I'm still thinking of things that I want to do, but I also know that there are lots of other things going on in my life and quilting is just a small part of it. Have you all thought of what you'd like to do in 2011? I'm excited! Hope you're having a quilty day!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I wish my life allowed more me time, but after the 'have to work time', my dreams have turned into just that...dreams, and once in awhile, I get to accomplish a dream or two. I hope you get to accomplish everything on your list. I don't do much planning, because when my dreams don't happen, I suffer disappointment, so I will just go with the flow, and if it happens, it happens.

Have a great 2011.

Kimberly said...

Good job, Tamera.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest