Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another Sampler!?!?

It's funny how things in your quilt life can just shift sometimes without your even being aware that it's coming.

Up until now, I had only ever made one sampler quilt...and I didn't even finish that one.  (Actually, I lost it.  How do you lose a quilt, you may ask.  I'm not really sure!)

But this year, I'm making half a dozen sampler quilts at the same time...and enjoying it!

For our new quilt group, the Stitchin' Sisters, some of us are going to be doing an Eleanor Burns sampler quilt, so I thought I would get mine started yesterday.

Here's the first block from that book (It's Series Three of her Quilter's Almanac series).


And my daughter decided that she wanted to do the quilt along with us, so she made her first hourglass block last night.

Here it is before mommy helped her square it up...


And here it is all perfect...


How she got to be so beautiful, I really don't know, lol.

I have another block finished that I made to replace one of the blocks that I really don't like, but I can't show it because it's too similar to another block (for another sampler quilt I'm doing) that I can't reveal until Friday, lol.

I think I will learn a lot this year making all these sampler quilts!  It will be interested to see what the next quilting twist will bring!

6 comments:

DebbieM said...

Your daughter is going to be quite the quilter one day. She does a beautiful job here. I wish I would have quilted when I was younger instead of waiting until I was in my 50's.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How fun to have your daughter sewing with you! Both of your blocks are wonderful!!

jovaliquilts said...

What an impressive block for your daughter's first hourglass -- no wonder she has such a great big smile!

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

I'm so happy you're able to share you love for quilting with your daughter. She certainly looks happy.

sunny said...

How lucky to be living with a budding quilter! I've always wanted to do a smapler, and that's what I chose for the BOM at our local quilt shoppe. Like you, I'm sure I'll learn a lot of technizes as we go along. Have fun!

Mary Johnson said...

I've never done a sampler quilt but one day I will. I want to do a scrappy, liberated, orphan block kind of sampler but first I need to create some orphan blocks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest