Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hazy's Quilt

We have some friends that had a baby around Thanksgiving last year, and the girls decided that they wanted to make quilts for her birthday. Sophia decided to make a doll quilt (which I actually ended up making myself, lol) and Olivia wanted to do a quilt for Hazy. (Her name is Mahaila, buy Hazy is her nickname.)

So, Olivia picked out all the fabric. She helped me baste it and she did the quilting. I finished up the binding today. I'm SO proud of her...and she looks pretty proud here, too.



Here's a photo of the quilt. (You can see my new roll of Warm & Natural batting there to the side, lol.)



The quilt is a panel, and Olivia quilted straight lines between the "blocks." I thought she did a pretty good job.



I'm going to try and get a few more things done this afternoon.

Hope you're all having a quilty day!

3 comments:

Quiltsmiles said...

Olilvia should be so proud of her quilt. Not everybody has the stick-to-it-ness to make a quilt and such a pretty one. Congratulations. I enjoy your blog and stop by at time to time. Happy New Year.
Jane

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That quilt is sew cute! Love that fabric!

Donna said...

I can't believe you finished a quilt already this year!

It makes up for some of the purchases, right?

Have a great stashbusting year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest