Friday, January 1, 2010

First New Experience

I just realized that I've never cut setting triangles! he he he

I just finished cutting the setting triangles for my "Life of Hazel" quilt. It's the first step of many.

If you're interested, just click on the button on the right and you can join us too!

I haven't actually pulled all the fabric for it, but I'm going to use this for my outside border:



And this for the inner border, sashing, and binding.



I have TONS of blue and yellow fabric, so I'll pull the rest a little later, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm also working on a mystery quilt using fabric that I don't really like...on purpose. I just wanted to do it to prove to myself that I could. Here's the focus fabric. It's cute, I just don't especially like roses.



But, I think it's a good exercise to make myself finish a quilt that I don't especially LOVE. In fact, I'm considering this the first test of the Accountability Challenge.

Hope you're having a quilty day!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your quilt along fabrics in blue and yellow are lovely. The other fabric with the roses is pretty as well, but I do have a love of the shabby chic anyway. I'll be back to check out your blog again since I'm going to do the Hazel's Dairy quilt along too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest