Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How to Eat an Elephant

How do you eat an elephant? the old saying asks.

One bite at  a time.

The quilt that I'm quilting for my mom is the biggest I've ever quilted. Plus, it's a special quilt and I want to do a good job on it.

So, when I started it, I wasn't sure quite where to start.

So, I decided to start with the hardest stuff first...the micro stippling.


Well, I guess I should say the micro stippling isn't hard...just time consuming.

My next step is a motif in the setting triangles.

I garnered inspiration from one of my favorite bloggers, Alycia at Alycia quilts.


I found this image on her website and I altered the motif a bit.

Here's what I came up with.


So, the next step will be to quilt each block. Then, I'll do the sashing. Then I'll do the borders.

Then, I'll have consumed the elephant, lol...and quilted the largest quilt I've ever quilted thus far.

WooHoo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest