Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Spent the Day With Darlene Zimmerman

I found out a couple of days ago that one of the local quilt guilds and quilt shops were hosting a workshop with Darlene Zimmerman.

Since I LOVE 1930s reproduction prints, I jumped at the chance.


For the workshop, we worked on her Hummingbird Quilt.


It was very easy because we used a special tool, the Simpli-EZ 30 Degree Triangle Tool.  (Images obtained from Darlene Zimmerman's website.)



My favorite part of the day, though, was the trunk show in the evening.

Darlene gave a lecture on the history of quilts in America.  It was so interesting.

Here is Darlene (not the best picture, sorry) holding an original feed sack.


She had SO many beautiful quilts.  She buys old quilts, repairs them with reproduction fabric, and then hand quilts them!  And, she does beautiful work!

Here are a few of my favorite quilts that she showed that evening.




I would encourage you to go to a workshop soon if you're able.  I am planning on attending a couple this fall, and I can't WAIT.  I have the opportunity to go to a workshop with Harriet Hargrave!  I'm SO excited!

I'll post some pictures of the blocks I finished in Darlene's workshop as soon as I find where the kids put the camera card, lol.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest