Thursday, January 21, 2016

Monochromatic Challenge

I'm going to challenge myself to do a monochromatic quilt each month. I want to get rid of some of my stash, and this seems as good a way as any, lol. I'm going to use a twister pattern because they use big 10" blocks and they go together quickly. Then I'll cut up the rest of the fat quarter into smaller blocks and organize them by color as I go.

These are the colors I'm going to use:

January - Yellow
February - Violet
March - Brown
April - Orange
May - Red
June - Indigo
July - Blue
August - Pink
September - Green
October - Two-color
November - Black/White + Another color

I borrowed this idea from Judy Laquidara. She did this challenge in 2011.

This is what I'm going to base my colors on.

Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest